The date has been set. One month until we find out if we are having a boy or a girl! Our ultrasound is schedule for Thursday, June 13 at 11:30 a.m.
I had a baby doctor appointment yesterday and the baby is doing well. Heart rate is 150. We also chose to do the blood tests to screen for Cystic Fibrosis, Down Syndrome, Trisomy 13 and Trisomy 18. If all is good and all markers are negative then no further action/tests will need to be taken. This doesn't guarantee none of these will happen, but the chances are less. If any of the screenings come back positive they will call us within the next two weeks. We will then have to see a high-risk doctor and do an amniocentesis to get confirmed test results. Just b/c a marker is positive doesn't mean our baby would have anything wrong. The "amnio" would confirm (or not) if that is the case. That step is optional and Tim and I have not decided if we will go that far. Just to be clear we aren't doing these tests to terminate the pregnancy if something were wrong, we just want to be as prepared as possible. So fingers crossed for all negative markers!