Monday, April 8, 2013

No News = Good News

Well it happened. WE. GOT. PREGNANT. And I've managed to stay pregnant!!!!!!!!! I have obviously been avoiding posting about this, but after a second successful ultrasound I feel good enough about sharing our awesome news.

I'm not going to lie, I have known from pretty much the moment I could that I was pregnant. I didn't get that "oh, I know" sensation last time, but this time I did for sure. That feeling started the week of Valentine's Day. Valentine's Day was four weeks since my last period so I really shouldn't have taken a test until the next week, but I figured I might as well give it a try. So after Tim left for work I snuck a pee test in. And it told me what I suspected, I was pregnant! I was beyond excited, which made me excited b/c I honestly wasn't sure how I would react. I was nervous that I would be so nervous and worried I wouldn't be excited, but that wasn't the case at all. I had this complete positivity that I would not miscarry this baby and that everything would be okay. Maybe that is b/c the only thing from the previous two months that I changed this month was that I prayed for this baby. I prayed to get pregnant. I didn't just pray that "if I get pregnant let it be healthy" I prayed "to get pregnant." And I did! This gave me all of the confidence in the world that everything would be okay.

So back to Valentine's Day... Did I call Tim screaming and yelling with excitement? Nope! I wanted to tell him in person. I did however call my doctor and they were awesome and got me right in for a blood test and got me the results that day so I could tell Tim without a doubt that I was pregnant. My nurse actually called within an hour or two of my blood work. They told me they wanted me to come back in the next Monday to check and make sure my levels were progressing like they should, which I appreciated. So on Valentine's Day night I was able to tell Tim and his face was priceless. He was beyond excited and at a loss for words. It makes me so thankful I have such a loving husband who is just excited for our little baby-to-be as I am.

So, I went back to the doctor that Monday for another panel of blood work and everything was progressing as it should. Yippee! Maybe my slogan should be "Miscarry free in 2013!" Haha.

After that was a bit of a wait. That was February 18 and I didn't go in for an appointment until March 14. Actually it didn't feel like that long and I was glad that our first appointment wasn't until after 6 weeks (where we lost the baby last time). Plus, between those two dates I had The List Party, Las Vegas and my New York trip so it passed VERY quickly. At this first appointment you usually just meet with the financial lady, the OBI nurse who tells you about what to expect and get lab work done. Tim was on spring break and I was anxious to check on the baby so I asked if we could do an ultrasound too and they obliged! Of course we were a little nervous but I still felt pretty positive about everything. We got to do the ultrasound pretty early in the appointment so that was nice. Not only did we get to see the baby and the heartbeat but we got to hear it too. I felt like I should have been beyond excited, but that is when the doubt sunk in for me. Before we left that day it didn't help that my doctor peeked in during my lab work and said "everything looks good, but we still aren't out of the woods." I left feeling more down than I had the whole first 8 weeks of the pregnancy, which surprised me. I scheduled another appointment for two weeks after that, and that could have been part of it too. When there isn't an impending appointment you can just go on about your day and be excited about things, when there is an appointment when you will know for sure if everything is okay it messes with your head a bit. So that two weeks I was just nervous.

One thing that has been comforting this whole time is that I have been having some pregnancy symptoms like sore boobs and feeling "pukey" if I don't eat regularly. So that has helped me to know that I am still pregnant even if I am a little scared.

So I went in for my second appointment at 9 weeks 6 days, that was Thursday, March March 28. It was more of a yearly for me, but I ask about using the Doppler thing to hear the heartbeat. My nurse said probably not b/c it is too early so I pushed a little and I said, you know, just to check on the baby... Next thing I knew her and Dr. LaMon were wheeling in a portable ultrasound machine and I got another sneak peek at the babe. The little one's heart was still beating up a storm! After that appointment, and some prayers for my positivity to return, I am back in a confident state about the baby.

Now I am ready for people to be happy for me.

So I am sharing the news :) I'm not really ready to post anything on Facebook about this, so please keep it off of there, but I figured if you read my blog then you genuinely care about Tim and I and this journey that we are on.

Thanks so much for everyone's prayers to get pregnant. They worked! We could still use the prayers! Please just pray now that we get to keep this sweet, little miracle and for me to remain positive throughout this journey. I am sure I have many more dips into the negative pool, I just hope they aren't for long.

Oh, my due date is Friday, October 25 :)

Here are a few little snapshots of our journey so far.

How I told Tim the good news

Ultrasound at 7 weeks and 6 days (I didn't get any pictures at my next ultrasound)

We got this adorable card from our oh-so-thoughtful Godson (and his parents John and Kari too)




8 comments:

  1. YAHOOOOO!! Best post in the world!! Congrats my friend! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY! We are so excited for you and Tim. We can't wait to meet our niece/nephew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No words just smiles and more prayers. Happy I can say it outloud now too. Love the post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Kari!!! This news makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is so awesome & I'm so stinkin' happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...