What pictures I did take were of the homemade pretzels bites that I made! I will say they were awesome and I am VERY impressed with myself. So here's the recipe :)
Soft Pretzel Bites with Cheddar Cheese SauceI'm just going to copy and paste the recipe from the original source Smells Like Home blog.
- 1 1/2 cups warm (110 to 115 degrees F) water
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 1/4 tsp instant yeast
- 22 ounces all-purpose flour, approximately 4 1/2 cups
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- 10 cups water
- 2/3 cup baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- Pretzel or Kosher salt
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix together the water, sugar, yeast, and salt on low speed for 10 seconds.
In the meantime, turn the dough out onto a slightly oiled work surface and divide into 8 equal pieces.
Bake until dark golden brown in color, approximately 10 – 12 minutes. Brush with remaining melted butter before serving. Serve warm.
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 cup milk
- 8 oz extra sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (not package pre-shredded cheese – shred your own)
- Kosher salt