Thursday, February 7, 2013

Kansas City Curveball

I submitted my paperwork two weeks ago to the Reproductive Resource Center (RRC) in Kansas City. Well yesterday I got a call!! The conversation started out by the scheduler telling me that Dr. Riggs, who I specified I'd like to meet with, is moving to Colorado to work at the Colorado Center for Reproductive Medicine (CCRM). Sid enote that is where Giuliana and Bill Rancic went. Because of his move Dr. Riggs is not accepting new patients. I felt a little deflated b/c a friend of mine had specifically referred me to him but there is another doctor at RRC, Dr. Celeste Barbec, so I went ahead and made an appointment with her. The earliest they could get us in was March 21 but that is the day before 417 Magazine's Fashionation and two days before Junior League's Pitter Pat race (both of which I am in charge) so that wasn't an option. She gave me five other dates and only one of them didn't interfere with Tim's baseball schedule so I scheduled us for Wednesday, March 27 at 10 a.m. This initial appointment will last about three hours and we will meet with the doctor, Tim will have to have another test done, I will have an exam and have blood work taken then we will meet with the doctor again. They said at that point she should have an idea of how we should move forward and give us our options. They will have also talked to my insurance and be able to get us a run down of what this will look like financially.

I did a little research on Dr. Brabec and feel like RRC might still be the place for us. If you want to read a little more about her click here. I emailed my friend who had referred me there in the first place and she said she had heard wonderful things about Dr. Brabec and would go to her if she was me. (She saw Dr. Riggs.) Another positive note is that my doctor referred me to RRC but didn't specify a doctor, so good things must be happening with Brabec too.

I did reach out to a few other friends who have or are struggling with infertility too, so I am going to do a little more research and see if another place would be better for us. RRC told me it was not a problem to cancel at anytime.

Another reason I would have to cancel is if we get pregnant before then, which hopefully we do! So keep praying that happens :)

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...