Monday, January 28, 2013

Prayers and Praying

Here's the thing, I think I had it all wrong. This sounds stupid now, but part of me kind of felt like God has a plan for all of this so I hate to disrespect him and ask for things he may or may not be planning to give me already. I felt this way about asking for a baby. When I'd pray I'd ask for things like, "If I get pregnant please let me have a healthy child." "Please keep me optimistic." "Please don't let me get pregnant until I can carry to full-term." But I never prayed to get pregnant, to have a baby. It wasn't until a Facebook friend of mine announced she was pregnant last week and she posted this bible verse did it click.

"For this child I prayed and the Lord answered my prayer." 1 Samuel 1:27


It hit me then that maybe even though He has a plan maybe I should still ask. So I made a vow to myself to pray everyday for my unborn, not yet conceived child. To pray that I will get pregnant and have a baby. That our baby will be healthy. That I will have a family of my own beyond Tim and I (and our doggies).  I will pray for those things not out of doubt but so He knows I want it, that I strive for it, and that it is worth asking for.

1 comment:

  1. I think that is a lovely prayer! Even this journey to parenthood is all part of his plan, always hard to understand during but I am sure it will all make sense later. I always find this bible verse encouraging: " Be truly glad. There is a wonderful joy ahead!" - 1 Peter 11:5

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...