Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Annual Girls Ornament Exchange

Our girlfriends get together each December to celebrate the holiday and have a few cocktails. Holly Wolfe usually organizes but this year she had just had a baby so I helped her out too. We had our happy hour at Scotch and Soda a new, hip bar in downtown Springfield. I hadn't been there before but it was the perfect location. Very warm and cozy. We played Christmas Movie Trivia in which Trina and Liz dominated but Trina ended up prevailing with the third tie-breaker question what did Alvin (from Alvin and the Chipmunks) want for Christmas. A hula-hoop!! She won an Andy's gift card :) To exchange our gifts I read this Christmas story about the Right Family. You started with the ornament you brought and anytime I read the word "RIGHT" you passed your ornament to the right. If I read "LEFT" you passed it to the left. It was pretty hilarious and we were all dying laughing by the end. I'm sure it helped that I was reading the story in a really amazing British accent :)
Photo courtesy Scotch and Soda website

This picture sucks, but this drink was amazing! Strong, but really yummy. I put the recipe below. It is the Stout Jam Manhattan.


The crew!

The Right Christmas Story that I read



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...