Monday, November 12, 2012

I am thankful for my BLOG

I came across another blogger who wrote a blog titled "why i blog." I was instantly intrigued because I've often asked myself the question "why do i blog?"

So here are the reasons I've come up with.

In 2009, I started this blog to share.
I know nowadays Facebook is where most people share the things they have to share but many family members don't have (well didn't at the time) Facebook. This was a good way to keep them in the loop. Also, I think I have a good memory in a work capacity but when it comes to life I feel like I can't remember crap. So our blog is a great way to keep track and share our thoughts, achievements, and random Saturday movie marathons :) And let's face it, I've always been a picture taker so why let them waste away in my iPhone photo album.


In 2011, I blogged to become a better writer. 
It was something I needed to work on for myself and my job. Writing was so overwhelming to me. Having to sit and start a thought, story, recap, anything would be too much. Getting started was the hardest part. So I used blogging as practice. Writing about what was happening with me and my life wasn't intimidating. No one was proofing my work (well you might be). I could just write what I felt and what I was up too.

During 2012, I blogged to let go.
This year we have been up against some really tough stuff. I was hesitant to get more personal on my blog at first because I didn't want people to feel like they had to treat me differently. To feel sorry for me or something. That first time I shared about our miscarriage was so intimidating, but I found it totally therapeutic. It made me be more honest with myself about what was happening.

My blog is serious sometimes. And silly sometimes. You can guarantee there will be a lot of pictures. And I'm okay with that. I'm not out to change the world, I'm just sharing our story. And if you are interested in hearing about us, we're glad to have you! But all-in-all I am thankful for it. I am thankful for the outlet. I am thankful for anyone who stops by for a visit and cares enough about Tim and I to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...