Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days of Thanks {Sooooo behind}

Even though I haven't been posting everyday I have been thinking about the things I am thankful for I have yet to mention.

I'm so thankful to have my family living so close to me. In an age where families are broken up from coast to coast b/c it is so accessible to move I am so happy my family is all close. I am so lucky that my parents, brother and his family and my in-laws are all right here in our own backyard. Kristin and Casey and the kids are just a quick three hour trip north. I definitely don't take this for granted.

I am so blessed to have two loving parents. They have are inspiring together and apart. They are still married (33 years, I think) which is a huge accomplishment these days. My dad taught me to be a strong, independent person. Stubborn sometimes, but I get some of that from my mom too. My mom has showed me what true love and compassion is and is always there when I need her. She gave me my sarcastic side, which I love so much. I know there is no way I would be who I am today without my awesome parents.

I feel so proud (and thankful) for the "couple friends" Tim and I have made. It is crazy but most of them have really come to fruition after our college years.
Amanda and Adam Brooker – Tim (and I) went to high school with Adam but we connected as couples around the time we realized we both lived in Republic
Thomas and Josey McPhail – Tim played college baseball with Thomas at Three Rivers
Kari and John Hamra – We all went to high school together but Kari and I re-connected by working together at 417 Magazine
JC and Kristina Loveland – I grew up with JC and Tim played college baseball with him. JC actually introduced Tim and I too!!
It is rare that you can find a friend who you connect with as an adult, but to find couples that we BOTH get along with is awesome. I read this blog 5 Friends Every Couple Should Have and I couldn't think of a better way to describe these friends but as:
The “Double Date” Friends – This is the couple who you share interests with and could easily imagine vacationing with and having an amazing time.  You are friends as couples and you also easily pair off by gender – the men are off to do this, the gals are off for a little of that – and the friendships are just as strong.  The memories you build, as couples, eventually as families, bring the years together in such a way that when you are with them - you forget that you are getting so old!

I am thankful for my doctor. My confidence in her has wavered a few times in the past few months, but I am thankful where I am at right now. We have a plan! I will fill you in in another blog.

I am thankful for my job. It is rare that you can land a job that you actually enjoy going to everyday. And I can honestly say I do. I'm glad I get to use creativity and have an impact not only in my company but in 417-land as well.

I am so thankful I can afford to enjoy the holidays and purchase presents and not have to struggle to make ends meat. This might come from the implementation of our new budget! I am thankful Tim is being a trooper and playing along with it. It seems to be helping a lot!






2 comments:

  1. I can't comment on every one of these, but I love all of your posts! I am thankful for you and the kind, tell-it-like-it-is, caring, honest, super pretty, great listening, friend that you are! I am blessed to have you in my life, Miss Megan!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ditto what Trina said :) great post and so much to be thankful for!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...