Tuesday, November 6, 2012

{30 Days of Thanks} Day 6

Today I am thankful for my right to vote. I know I definitely take this for granted because I cannot imagine living in a world where my opinion was  not as important as my husbands. Where I would have had to sit on the sidelines. It is actually kind of imaginable to me that our country used to be that way. So today I am thankful that my vote can count. And I woke up an hour early to practice that right!

I am also thankful that even though Tim and I don't agree with some of our friends on who to vote for (Go Romney/Ryan!!), that we can all just agree to disagree and not let it come between our friendships.

And I am also thankful that Tim and I are not a divided household. Even though while touring Shiloh Civil War Battlefield we determined I would have been a Yankee back then (and he would not have) we are on the same page now. I could see how agreeing to disagree might be a little harder in a marriage vs. with friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...