Monday, October 1, 2012

Walk to End Alzheimer's

We've been blessed with beautiful weather and Saturday, September 22 was no different. I'm a bit behind on the blog, I know, but I'm catching up :)

The annual Walk to End Alzheimer's is a fun morning walk around Jordan Valley Park, over to Hammons Field, around the field and back to the park. We had a huge team there supporting Trina and her family as it was the first walk without Jim. The whole walk was dedicated to Trina's dad and Ethan Forhetz had a wonderful opening message to kick off the festivities. I've posted it below. I was also there to walk in memory of my Grandma Wanda (my mom's mom). And Tim reminded me that his Grandma Wilma (Ron's mom) also had Alzheimer's, so I took a few steps for her too :)

Team Appelquist

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...