Sunday, October 7, 2012

Am I ready?

Ready to be a mom? Yes. Ready to get a big belly and be excited for a baby? Yes. Ready to go another ultrasound? Not sure about that one. Ready to take a test? Yes.

Those are all steps in the process to becoming a mommy. (Yes, of course, there are a lot of other ways to become a mom, but these are the steps that are hopefully in our future.) Some of which are going to be really scary when the times comes again.

I hadn't really thought about the "steps" honestly, I had just thought of the end result. It wasn't until I was chatting with my girlfriend Josey this past week and we were talking about me and where I was in my cycle that I did. And no, that is not weird we were talking about it. I am pretty open about it. If it bothers you, sorry aboutcha. Anyway, I was just telling her I should start my period by this date, then I could take a pregnancy test by this date, etc. She then asked me, "Are you ready for that?" Actually taking a test is what she is referring too. Until then, like I said above, I hadn't really thought about the steps.

So that question got me to thinking. And yes, I am ready. Flashing back to April 2012 I never got a positive when I was taking a urine pregnancy test. Believe me, I took a bunch, but they never registered, so it wasn't until a blood test that they confirmed I was pregnant. In a way I am lucky for that now. I have always had "Not Pregnant" appear, so that isn't intimidating for me. I'm not scared for that step. If I get a "Pregnant" message then it will be a first for me! And a really exciting one.


4 comments:

  1. I am enjoying hearing about your journey to motherhood. I am glad you're open about it. I am praying for you, and I know it will happen soon!! Thanks for keeping the blog world posted :). You're gonna be an awesome mom!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am exciting for you Megan, it's been a tough journey I know but I'm thinking about you ever "step" of the way.
    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am praying all the time for you and I know that when its time, you're gonna be one spectacular momma! I can't wait cause then I get to be Auntie Trina to another sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...