Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Month 1=No Baby

I've been thinking this whole summer that maybe it would easier this time. The whole getting pregnant thing. Just stay positive. I just kept thinking maybe we've had our struggle. Maybe we will get pregnant the first month out of the gate. Maybe we won't have to dive back into the month to month emotional roller coaster that trying to have a baby can be. I mean it's not devastating (yet) but it is disappointing. Each time I start feeling the twinges of cramps my heart sinks a little deaper. That disappointment is quickly followed by the joy that I am having a regular cycle, which is great and means things should all be working correcting. I swear I wasn't being naive, just hopeful. Well, here we go again folks. One month down and it didn't happen like I'd hoped.

So as we dive into month two we definitely are "trying" but we aren't testing or charting or anything like that just yet. Trying our best to take everything one step at a time, one month at a time. And let me tell you, one month when you are trying is long. You only really get one shot a month. It is crazy how time just slows. Instantly. I noticed this same thing about a year ago when this journey began. A year. Who thought we'd be right back here again starting our "second month" of trying in September again. Crazy what life throws your way.

2 comments:

  1. I know I can't relate but even though it seems like slow motion going through it, God has his right moment already planned for you two. A moment that when it happens you will forget all about the long process and just that you are going to be parents. I pray everyday for you guys and can't wait until the day when you call me to tell me the blessed news that a baby Johnson is coming soon.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am saying some prayers for you guys!!!!! I KNOW that when it does happen, you two are going to be AMAZING parents! And I will become an aunt to yet another little baby!!! It WILL happen...although I hope it's soon! We could use a Johnson baby in this world right now! :)
    LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...