Sunday, September 30, 2012

Kansas City Weekend

We few weekends ago Ashley, my mom and myself took a Friday off work and headed to KC for a little lot of shopping and eating. My mom and I have gotten pretty familiar with KC over the past few years on our little weekend getaways but this was Ashley's first time! Not to KC, just to KC for a girls shopping weekend with us.

We started off Friday by hitting World Market and then continuing on to the Town Center area for a bit of shopping and lunch at North. We'd never been there before, it was yummy! And the atmosphere was nice too. Had the patio been in the sun we might have eaten outside. After Town Center we went to the Oak Park Mall and had dinner at the Nordstrom Cafe.

Saturday we headed down to the Plaza, got checked into the Sheraton and hit the streets. We all had pretty good luck. The weather wavered from perfect to chilly but the sun popped out at the perfect time or lunch on the upper deck at Brio. Ashley had a yummy raspberry mojito and I indulged in a sangria. From my last KC eperience I realized that I like "brunch" so I ordered the Eggs Oscar which was two poached eggs a crab and shrimp cake, potatoes peperonata, grilled asparagus, artichokes, spinach and lemon butter. Finished with housemade Hollandaise. I will definitely be getting it again.
For dinner we introduced Ashley to McCormick and Smicks which is a bit pricey but oh-so-good. I usually get the Filet Oscar but they didn't have it on the menu and hadn't made any Hollandaise sauce so I was forced to try something new. I decided on the Stuffed Shrimp which was Lump Crab Stuffed Shrimp, Red Pepper White Cheddar Mash. Another home run! My mom had the Stuffed Atlantic Salmon: Lump Crab, Bay Shrimp, Brie Cheese, Mashed Potatoes, Vegetables and it was equally as amazing. We of course had to end the meal with our traditional Chocolate Bag and it didn't disappoint. Oh, and I go a really awesome drink too! I knew I like Jameson and ginger ale but with the mint and lemon it was even better!
We finished off the weekend with brunch at Gram & Dun on Sunday morning before heading back. My mom and Ashley both had the B.N.B.: house-made biscuit, chicken fried bacon, country gravy, fried egg, breakfast potatoes. I think it might have been better than mine! I got the Carne Asada Frites again and loved them just as much. So that should tell you the B.N.B. is pretty dang delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...