Friday, February 17, 2012

Welcome to the world Sawyer Farris Hamra

He came all on his own!! Just as we all prayed. Kari's water broke around 2:45 a.m. this morning, February 17. They were at the hospital hooked up and ready to go right away. We got the text around 5:45 a.m. Things were moving pretty quickly, by 7:45 she was dilated to a 5 and had her epidural. At 10:30 am I got an update from John that she was at an 8 and it should be soon. By 12:30 I hadn't heard so I had to prod for a little info. Still nothing more. They were at a standstill. I had a meeting at 1 and another at 2:30 pm so I was glad to know there was a little time. Between meetings still nothing. When I got out of my second meeting around 4 I had a text "she's pushing!" eek!! The timing was perfect (for me). I was at the Brown Derby Wine Center by St. John's/Mercy for my meeting so I was there in no time. Within 5-10 minutes of arriving in the waiting room he was here!! No confirmed name, but 8 lbs 11 ounces. Kari's doc guessed 6-7 lbs, she was way off! Born at 3:59 p.m. 21.5 inches long. We all waited around and got to see him around 5:30 or so. Man he's just so beautiful! Love him to pieces already. After getting to see Kari and Sawyer for a few minutes I left to grab a bit to eat with Tim, Thomas , Kingston and Josey at Bambinos. After dinner we all headed up to the hospital and they got to meet him for the first time. Kari was doing good, finally getting to eat for the first time all day. We hung out for about an hour and just snuggled our new little Godson as much as we could. Their little family of 3 couldn't be happier!!
No, Sawyer didn't get bigger :) This is Kingston from our dinner date. Had to share, he's 8 months old. I can't believe it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting Megan! It was so special to have you there!! Love you both very much

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...