Scotty McCreery (Mr. America Idol) opened the show. He only played for 20 minutes, I was kind of surprised. I'm not a huge fan but he did a good job. The Band Perry was next. I found that I had their CD in my car last weekend so for a full week I was jamming out to them in hopes I would know their songs. It worked! I think Tim got sick of the fact that once each song started I looked at him and yelled "I know this one!" Seriously, every. One. But hey, I knew them all. Mission accomplished! And now for the main event... Braaadd Paaaaaaaaisley! Yehaw! He played for almost two and a half hours and I definitely knew all of the songs.
Some of the highlights included:
• Him coming close to us, not once, not twice, but three times! Like 3 feet away close.
• They had a sweet halogram of Carrie Underwood that looked super real. Logan (my boss) said her friends ask if it was really Carrie up there. Tricky.
• The fact we didn't sit down, not even once. The vibe was so fun.
• He had Scotty McCreery come out with a permanent marker mustache, he looked kind of cute since he didn't look 14.
• They had beer vendor guys (like at baseball games) walking around and selling beers. That has never happened to me up in the nosebleeds.
• He ran all of the way to the back of the venue and hopped up on a stage for two songs. He said he appreciated us spending our hard earned money to see him and he wanted to preform for the "cheap" seats too.
• During one of the songs he grabbed a girls phone from the audience and said "Let's make a video." Then proceeded to record himself and the crowd on her phone!
• He straight up signed his acoustic guitar and gave it to a little kid in the audience. What can I say, he's a giver.
• We were there with our family! Me, Tim and both of our parents made a night out of it. We all met at Boomer's before the show and had dinner and drinks, then walked over to the show. Such a fun, family-filled night!
• Tim went out with his boots on....
|All of the better quality photos (with the date) are from my dad|
|The Band Perry|
|Tim being excited about how close he is. He is right behind Tim's head :)|
|On the stage in the "cheap" seats|