Monday, December 26, 2011

{New Meal of the Week} Chunky Slow Cooker Chili

This might be one of my favorite new meals so far. I again didn't read the directions very well and we were supposed to brown the meat before putting it in the crock-pot. Well I didn't realized that until after I dumped it all in. Refer to my last crock-pot meal about thoroughly reading directions... I need to take my own advice. But really?! What's the point of a crock pot meal if we have to brown the meat first. So we just left it. By the time we got home it was cooked and ready to go! So this time it worked out to ignore obvious directions. I normally drench my chili in sour cream, ketchup and chili cheese Frito's–this recipe didn't need any of those. I put the Frito's on my first bowl, but I ultimately didn't need them. I just ate them as a side from then on.
Ingredients:
2-lbs premium stew meat
Lot's of onion flake
1 can of Rotel
1 (8 ounce) can of tomato sauce
2 (15 ounce) cans of pinto beans with liquid
1 package of Chili seasoning
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon oregano

Dump it all in the crock-pot and cook on low all day.




I ended up making this for a work potluck last week and it was a hit! Super easy and the meat is so tender when it cooks in the juices all day.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...