Thursday, September 29, 2011

{New meal of the week} Crock Pot Chicken Soft Tacos

I'm not the best cook ever. Honestly I don't really cook very often. I have a few signature things we cook a lot: canned chicken soft tacos, chicken Parmesan, cashew chicken, steaks and burgers of course, salad, frozen pizza (sad, but true), Hamburger Helper, grilled cheese and soup, chicken and rice; none of which I even need a recipe for anymore.  I am going to try to change that! I have a new goal to make something new, from a recipe, one time a each week. I just discovered the Crock Pot Girls website which has TONS of recipes. A lot of my weekly meals might be made in the crock pot :) But that still counts!

Okay, here we go. Week one. 
Crock Pot Chicken Soft Tacos



1 lb chicken
2 pkgs taco seasoning
1 can rotel
1 can black beans
1 cup frozen corn
Chicken broth




Put first five ingredients in crock pot and pour in enough chicken broth to cover everything.  Cook on low approx. 5 hours or until chicken is cooked through and the house smells AMAZING!  We cooked this all day while we were at work.







Shred chicken and return to pot.

Served anyway you like it. I opted for nachos, so did Josey. Tim went for soft tacos and Thomas did a taco salad.
 
We doubled the recipe b/c Thomas and Josey were coming over for dinner. Probably shouldn't try new recipes when guests are coming over but we figured we could always throw our good ole' canned chicken on the stove and eat that if we needed too. But we passed the test!!




Things I learned: 
1. At 6 a.m. buying the "trimmed and ready" chicken might be worth the extra $7. 
2. We probably could have just doubled the chicken and not the rest of the ingredients and still had plenty for four people.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...