Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Heaven is for Real, Seriously

I have a lot of blogging to catch up on from vacation, but one of my favorite things from it was reading the book Heaven is for Real. Seriously! It was one of my favorite things I did. We had a long haul from Jackson Hole (where we were staying for the week) back up into Yellowstone, so I thought I would kill some time. Normally I get super car sick if I read while riding, but this time I read with no problems at all. I got this book from Tim for my birthday and it was the perfect way to entertain myself on the drive. I actually ended up entertaining Ron, Terri and Tim too, because I read aloud to the whole car. Anyway, back to the book.

It is about this little boy, Colton Burpo, who is 3 years and 10 month old the day the life changing story begins. The book gives you lot's of details before you get to this point, but that is when it gets good. Colton has to have emergency surgery. At the time, no one knows this has happened, but over the next few months and years he starts to reveal to his parents that he has gone to Heaven. For how long his dad asks, "three minutes" Colton replies. In those three earthly minutes Colton experiences so many awesome things. Jesus for one. He learns about a family member who never made it into our world. He meets his great-grandpa, who died well before he was born. He say who sat at the right side of God, and the left. So many things a 3 year old wouldn't be able to just make up. It is absolutely worth the read. Hey, I loved it so much I will even read it to you :) It definitely gets you thinking about everything, here and in Heaven.

1 comment:

  1. Meg,
    This book is one of my new favorites, it is so awesome! I might even have to brag about it on our blog too. Glad you enjoyed it...can't wait to catch up on the Johnson Blurb!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...